How to draw Pikachu
We've watched the shows, hummed the songs, and played the games. Now learn how to draw Pikachu!
How to Draw Pikachu Tutorial
How to draw Pikachu Step 1: Imagine with Guidelines
Imagine Pikachu's pose: Draw shapes for different parts of body
- Head: Circle
Draw cross in middle of face to help position facial features.
- Body: From head, draw a triangle-ish shape about length of head.
- Arms: Ovals
- Fingers and Feet: Semi-Circles
- Ears and Tail: Rectangles
Length of ear = Length of head
Matilda's Tips and Tricks!
Remember, Imagine with Guidelines! Guides are the skeletons of your drawings.
A drawing with no guides is like a human with no skeleton: Mushy and all over the place, not a very pleasant sight...
How to draw Pikachu Step 2: Sketch out Body
For this step, I recommend sketching lightly with your pencil before going over the outline with a darker pencil.
Head and Body
Things to Note:
- Top half of head = Semi-circle
- Area around legs rounded.
- Body like a plushie.
Arms and Feet
- Follow guidlines
- Fingers = 5 spikes
- Outline guide
- Make each rectangle slightly curved. No need to be entirely accurate.
- Shaped like Surfboards
- Try not to make bottom narrow
- Rests on horizontal guideline
- Eyes are about 2 eyes apart, smaller circles inside for 'white-areas'
- Nose = a big dot on intersection of cross
- Mouth = 'W' with middle on vertical cross-line, 'U' at bottom
I know Pikachu looks cross-eyed now thanks to the 'white-areas', all you have to do is colour the eyes black (except for the smaller circles) and your Pikachu will look much better!
How to draw Pikachu Step 3: Fun Details!
Now that you've learnt how to draw Pikachu, it's time to fill in those little details. Feel free to customise and add in anything you
want! Here's the final result:
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me. I'll be more than happy to answer any comments or even help you out with your drawing. =)
If you liked this tutorial, try these out!
How to Draw Dog
How to Draw Eyes 2
How to Draw a Cat